Scope of the seminar: Modern breeder management is getting more challenging as it is more and more difficult to keep populations uniform which is key to achieving optimal performance from flocks.
Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
This course will give you:
- An overview on essential aspects of keeping a flock uniform
- An understanding of the growth profile and the physiological requirements in each stage of production
- Key tools to be able to assess and recognise what action is required to a specific problem
- An emphasis on the rearing period as the foundations for a good production but also for the production stage
- Management practices that support a smooth transition as the bird grow and changes
Workshop Only: € 1.500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
*Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Day 1: Morning session
- Introduction: Get your feathers straight
- Breeder anatomy, physiology, behaviour
- Main diseases in breeders and their control
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Optimizing intestinal health in breeders
- Feed quality management
- Coccidiosis control and prevention
- Other parasites
Day 2: Morning session
- Brooding: How to prepare for the next flock?
- Managing transitions
- Using data to manage flocks: What to measure?
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Workshop introduction: a real case in a breeder operation
- How to design vaccination programs
- Health monitoring programs
- Interpretation of lab results
- Workshop: finding the causes
Day 3: Morning session
- Male management: rearing
- Grading: getting uniformity right
- Vices: Aggression, … Workshop: solving the case
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Farm approach: technical insights in feeding, biosecurity….
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)