Training on Breeder Management & Diseases 2023
Scope of the Breeder Management & Diseases training: Modern breeder management is getting more challenging as it is more and more difficult to keep populations uniform, this is key to achieve optimal performance from flocks.
Register for our live training in Bruges – Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training (worldwide).
17-19 October 2023 – Bruges, Belgium
17-19 October 2023 – Live Streaming
Training on Breeder Management & Diseases: What makes this training unique is that it gives you a complete overview of the academic state of the art, while also providing you with the practical experience you need to put what you’ve learned into action on your farm.
We’re also unique in that our team has a wealth of global experience to share, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible training available.
Who is it for: poultry professionals, veterinarians, growers, farmers, nutritionists, technical advisors.
Accreditation: This training will be accredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Workshop Only (3 days): € 1.500 (excl. VAT).
- Register for the live training
We provide a fully adapted streaming service for this training. Follow our training online from your (home) office.
Online Training (3 days): € 975 (excl. VAT)
- Register for the online training
Hotel, per night: € 105 * in Bruges, Belgium.
Dinner, per night: € 55.
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
* Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Program: Breeder Management & Diseases
Day 1: Morning session
- The poultry breeding evolution: a success story in global egg and meat production
- Breeder anatomy, physiology, behaviour: reading your flock signals
- Getting your feather straight from the start
- Optimising growth and development in breeders
- Feeding strategies for top performing flocks
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Managing transitions: the importance of the learning process
- Is male long-lasting fertility a myth?
- How to take male fertility to the next level?
- Practical digital visit 1: video on feeding and discussion
Day 2: Morning session
- Female uniformity and its effects on egg quality
- Synchronisation male-female: the key to female receptiveness
- Metabolic diseases in broiler breeders
- The importance of lighting for performance
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Nutrition update and practical applications for the modern breeder
- Feathering in breeders
- Egg quality: influencing factors
- Practical workshop 2: A real case in a breeder operation with male fertility problems: how to use egg break-outs to get information on the problem
Day 3: Morning session
- Main diseases in breeders and its effect on progeny
- Dealing with health in breeders. Part I
- Control and prevention of parasitic diseases in breeders: coccidiosis, Histomonas and worms
- Dealing with health in breeders. Part II
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Practical workshop 3. A real case in a breeder operation with a breeder farm suppling broiler chicks with high mortality
- Evaluation test for certification
- Wrap up & Certificates
Hilde Van Meirhaeghe
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Hilde is a global Poultry Consultant at Vetworks since 2010. She’s previously worked with DGZ and currently working with several partners and projects.
DVM, MRCVS & Global poultry consultant
Since June 2019, Africa works as Global poultry consultant at Vetworks with focus on breeder parent’s management, pathogens control, and biosecurity and health plans.
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)