Breeder Management & Health
Scope of the seminar
Modern breeder management is getting more challenging as it is more and more difficult to keep populations uniform, this is key to achieving optimal performance from flocks.
Accreditation: This training will be acrredited points by NGROD and WVEPAH.
In response to
1. the present situation and current health and social guidelines of the authorities where we need and want to comply with
2. the several requests for continuing activities as much as possible
Vetworks will provide a fully adapted streaming service for the training on Breeder Management on the 17th till the 19th of November.
This training will allow you to learn in an interactive and practical way while having all the information without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
During these 3 days of online streaming, flexible moments are foreseen to follow pre-recorded topics to allow you flexibility.
Register for our training in Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training
Please note that our live training is depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Workshop Only: € 1500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Please note that restaurants and hotels offerings are depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
Day 1: Morning session
- The poultry breeding evolution: a success story in global egg and meat production
- Breeder anatomy, physiology, behaviour: reading your flock signals
- Getting your feather straight from the start
- Optimising growth and development in breeders
- Feeding strategies for top performing flocks
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Managing transitions: the importance of the learning process
- Is male long lasting fertility a myth?
- How to take male fertility to the next level?
- Practical digital visit 1: video on feeding and discussion on the video
Day 2: Morning session
- Female uniformity and its effects on egg quality
- Synchronisation male-female: the key to female receptiveness
- Metabolic diseases in broiler breeders
- The importance of lighting for performancy
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Nutrition update and practical applications for the modern breeder
- Feathering in breeders
- Egg quality: influencing factors
- Practical workshop 2: A real case in a breeder operation with males fertility problems using egg break-outs
Day 3: Morning session
- Main diseases in breeders and its effect on progeny
- Dealing with health in breeders. Part I
- Control and prevention of parasitic diseases in breeders: coccidiosis, Histomonas and worms
- Dealing with health in breeders. Part II
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Practical workshop 3. A real case in a breeder operation with a breeder farm suppling broiler chicks with high mortality
- Evaluation test for certification
- Wrap up & Certificates
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)