Antibiotic Reduction Training
Scope of the seminar:
Antibiotics are used in livestock and poultry farming, both as a pharmaceutical product and growth promoter. The overuse of antibiotics both in humans and in animals has been linked to the higher occurrence of antibiotic resistance in bacteria which jeopardizes the efficacy of antimicrobial treatment. Essentially, antibiotic use is key to understanding efforts to curtail antibiotics in poultry.
Accreditation: This training will be acrredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Attendees can register for the live or the online training on Antibiotic Reduction
Please note that our live training is depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
3-day training: € 1.500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
Please note that restaurants and hotels offerings are depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
1-day Antibiotic reduction: € 325
2-day Gut health: € 650
3-day Gut health & antibiotic reduction: € 975
Day 1: Morning session
- Introduction: drivers of antimicrobial usage in poultry farms
- Controlling antimicrobial resistance: from sample to the choice of treatment
- Gut health holistic approach
- Coccidiosis: importance in poultry production
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Coccidiosis prevention in conventional and AB free systems
- Enteric pathogens leading to higher AMU
- Gut health Management: growth promotors and alternative solutions
- Practical digital visit: video
Day 2: Morning session
- Complex interaction of Respiratory Diseases part 1
- Complex interaction of Respiratory Diseases part 2
- Reduce AB use for systemic infections
- Zoonotic diseases with multi-resistance: Salmonella, Campylobacter
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Control and prevention of Salmonella and Campylobacter
- The art of vaccination: keys to success
Day 3: Morning session
- Immunosuppressive diseases and solutions to improve Immune response
- Locomotory system : Link to Gut health and AB use
- Rethink farming practices: biosecurity
- Rethink farming practices : upscaling your management for top support
- How To Fight AMR And Reduce AMU : Practical Solutions
Day 3: Afternoon session
- How to develop a tailormade AB-reduction program and case study
- Evaluation test for certification
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)