Gut Health & Food Safety Training
Scope of the seminar:
Focus on Food Safety trends including zoonoses Salmonella, Campylobacter and antimicrobial resistance in the poultry production chain.
As well as Gut Health issues such as the latest on coccidiosis control trends, dealing with bacterial enteritis and managing gut health issues and their consequences.
Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
Attendees can register for the live or the online training on Gut Health & Food Safety
Please note that our live training is depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Workshop Only: € 1.500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
Please note that restaurants and hotels offerings are depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
3-day Training € 975
4-day Training € 1.300
Day 1: Morning session
- Intestinal tract in poultry: anatomy, physiology, microbiota, normal functions and special features
- Necrotic and Bacterial enteritis: contributing factors
- Coccidiosis: important disease in poultry
- Coccidiosis prevention tools, how to make sound anticoccidial programs
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Coccidiosis in breeders and long living birds
- Broiler signals / farm management to optimize gut health
- Early Feeding how it affects intestinal health
- Consequences of bad gut health: footpad lesions and slaughterhouse condemnations
Day 2: Morning session
- Gut health management: growth promotors and alternative solutions
- How to fight AMR and reduce AMU : practical solutions
- Monitoring systems for coccidiosis and bacterial enteritis
- Interactive workshop: Gut Health Management, coccidiosis: vaccines and anticoccidials, Antibiotics, Additives
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Scoring systems for coccidiosis and bacterial enteritis
- Practical session* broilers: necropsy / lesion scoring coccidiosis and gut health / footpad scoring
- Practical scoring of coccidiosis & bacterial enteritis based on Johnson and Reid, 1970 and De Gussem, 2010
Day 3: Morning session
- Introduction for food safety (holistic view) – only for food safety attendees
- Interaction between food safety ; food safety issues, wellfare and gut health ( consequences of bad gut health)
- Mycotoxins and Gut Health & feed structure
- All you need to know about Salmonella infections in poultry and how to control it pt. 1
- Interactive workshop: Control of salmonella
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Farm approach broiler managment
- Practical session: Farm approach broiler management on Salmonella and correct sampling methods;
- How to assess gut and general health, management, litter quality at broiler farm
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)