Next training: March 9-11, 2021
Scope of the seminar: Focus on important trends in Parasitology including helminths, importance of histomonas meleagridis and its link to heterakis gallinarum. As well as the latest on coccidiosis control trends, dealing with bacterial enteritis.
Accreditation: This training will be acrredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Please note that our live training is depending on the guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Training Only: € 1.500 (excl. VAT)
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
Training Only: € 975 (excl. VAT)
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
*Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
*Please note that restaurants and hotels offerings are depending on guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19. In case restrictions are inhibiting attendants to join live, online streaming with refund will be offered.
Day 1: Morning session
- Welcome & introduction on poultry parasitology
- Overview and biology of poultry helminths
- Histomonas and heterakis
- Diagnosis and monitoring of helminths in poultry
- Anthelmintics: overview of molecules used in poultry
- How to design deworming programs in practice
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Farm approach broilers/breeders
Day 2: Morning session
- Importance of coccidiosis in poultry
- Prevention of coccidiosis, rotation programs and clean up programs
- Diagnosis of coccidiosis and evaluating drug efficacy
- Therapy for coccidiosis
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Bacterial enteritis and link with coccidiosis
- Safe use of anticoccidials
- Workshop: Designing rotation programmes
Day 3: Morning session
- Dermanyssus: life cycle, monitoring, treatment, resistance
- Diagnosing helminths, coccidiosis and general gut health: introduction to practical session
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Visit specialised poultry lab and necropsy room
- Practical session on diagnosis of helminths and histomonas
- Practical session on diagnosis of coccidiosis and evaluating gut health
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)