Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
Scope of the seminar: The respiratory training focusses on pathology, practical aspects of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases.
This training will be composed by:
- Theoretical part covering:
- practical aspects of diagnosis and monitoring
- prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases.
- Analysis of a real case reports workshop – Where attendees will have the chance to test the tools provided during the training to address a real clinical case.
- 3 practical digital visits:
- Farm visit:
- What signs to look for in a flock to detect and address a respiratory problem;
- How to manage ventilation in a poultry house.
- Lab tour
- The different lab techniques used when sampling for the different respiratory diseases
- Common pitfalls when sampling
- Necropsy and sampling techniques.
- How to measure your respiratory status
- How and what to sample.
- Farm visit:
|In response to |
1. the present situation and current health and social guidelines of the authorities where we need and want to comply with
2. the several requests for continuing activities as much as possible
Vetworks will provide a fully adapted streaming service for the Respiratory Training on the 21st till the 23rd of April.
This training will allow you to learn in an interactive and practical way while having all the information without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
Interested in following a Respiratory workshop?
Register for our training in Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training (World Wide).
Workshop Only: € 1.500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
*Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
Day 1: Morning session
- Welcome and introduction on respiratory issues in poultry
- Review of the avian respiratory anatomy, immunity and physiology
- Management factors influencing respiratory health
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Overview of the diagnostic tools & sampling
- Mycoplasmosis (MG/MS) and CRD complex: diagnostics, monitoring, prevention, treatments
- IB (Pathology, Diagnostics, Monitoring, and Prevention)
- Practical digital visits – Lab tour: lab techniques; Common pitfalls when sampling
Day 2: Morning session
- Avian influenza and Newcastle disease
- TRT, ILT and Fowl pox: pathology, diagnostics, monitoring, and prevention
- ORT In poultry practice
- Fungal and parasitic disease
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Practical digital visits – farm visit: Signs to look for in a flock; How to manage ventilation;
- Practical digital visits – Necropsy and sampling techniques: How to measure your respiratory status; How and what to sample;
Day 3: Morning session
- Other bacterial respiratory pathogens (Infectious Coryza, Pasteurellosis, Chlamidia Psittaci, Gallibacterium Anatis, and TBC)
- Vaccination in broiler, layers and breeders ; Guidelines for vaccination and how to identify mistakes of vaccination teams
- How to make a monitorization program; Cost-effective monitorization
- Treatment of respiratory diseases
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Workshop: Analysis real case reports
- Certification quizz and closing session
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)