Road to free Antibiotic Free Poultry Production
Scope of the seminar: Antibiotics are used in livestock and poultry farming, both as a pharmaceutical product and growth promoter. The overuse of antibiotics both in humans and in animals has been linked to the higher occurrence of antibiotic resistance in bacteria which jeopardizes the efficacy of antimicrobial treatment. Essentially, antibiotic use is key to understanding efforts to curtail antibiotics in poultry.
Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
Workshop Only: € 495
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
*Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
- Introduction: Drivers of antimicrobial usage in poultry farms
- Controlling antimicrobial resistance: from sample to the choice of treatment
- The role of farm management: biosecurity
- A holistic approach to gut health
- Common pitfalls in controlling gut health
- Vaccine management
- How to develop an AB-reduction program
- Conclusions and Q&A
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)