Improving Poultry Welfare: Key to Better Standards
Scope of the seminar: Focus on trends in animal welfare including general poultry welfare, welfare in the hatchery, welfare for breeders, layers and broilers, welfare during catching, transportation and at the slaughterhouse. The training includes interactive workshops and field visits to production sites.
Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
Interested in following a Welfare workshop?
Register for our next date in Bruges, Belgium.
Workshop Only: € 1.500
Per night: € 160* in Bruges, BE
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
*Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Day 1: Morning session
- Introduction: What Is Animal Welfare?
- What Is Industrial Poultry Production: Normal Production Cycles Breeders Layers Broilers – Production Pyramid
- Physiology & Anatomy Of Poultry, Normal Behaviour
- Different Housing Systems
- Welfare at the farm
- Most Important Pathogens In Poultry
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Technical visit: Broiler farm & Layer farm
Day 2: Morning session
- Welfare during catching and transport
- Welfare at the slaughterhouse
- Welfare at the hatchery
- How to measure welfare? Key welfare Indicators
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Role of farmer, veterinarian, government
- Welfare requirements: legislation and quality labels
- Workshop: How to manage bad news?
Day 3: Morning session
- Technical visit: Slaughterhouse
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Review and discussion of technical visits: What’s wrong here?
- Evaluation test for certification
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)