Improving Poultry Welfare:
Key to Better Standards
In response to
1. the present situation and current health and social guidelines of the authorities where we need and want to comply with
2. the several requests for continuing activities as much as possible
Vetworks will provide now a fully adapted streaming service for the Welfare Training on the 12th till the 14th of May.
This training will allow you to learn in an interactive and practical way while having all the information without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
During these 3 days of online streaming, flexible moments are foreseen to follow pre-recorded topics to allow you flexibility.
Scope of the seminar: Focus on trends in animal welfare including general poultry welfare, welfare in the hatchery, welfare for breeders, layers and broilers, welfare during catching, transportation and at the slaughterhouse. The training includes interactive workshops and field visits to production sites.
Language: English | Places available: 20-30 places
Interested in following a Welfare workshop?
Register for our training in Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training (World Wide).
Please note that our live training will only happen in line with guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19
Workshop Only: € 1.500
Restaurants in Belgium are currently closed due to COVID-19.
We’ll keep you updated with guidelines of local authorities with relation to COVID-19.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we provide a fully adapted streaming service.
Follow our training online while you’re safe at home.
Day 1: Morning session
- Introduction: What Is Animal Welfare in poultry?
- Structure of the poultry industry
- Anatomy, physiology, behaviour
- Welfare at the hatchery. Chick culling: male chicks in the egg industry
- Early feedings. Facts, systems.
- Different housing systems: climate, litter in floor housing
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Important pathogens in poultry: intestinal, respiratory, locomotory
- Practical digital video: farm visit; E-learning
Day 2: Morning session
- Welfare at the farm
- Welfare during catching and transport
- Welfare at the slaughterhouse
Day 2: Afternoon session
- How to measure and influence welfare? Key welfare indicators pt1. (broilers)
- How to measure and influence welfare? Key welfare indicators pt1. (layers; broiler breeders)
- Practical digital video: slaughter house visit; E-learning
Day 3: Morning session
- Role of farmer, veterinarian, government
- Perceived welfare vs real welfare
- Welfare requirements: legislation and quality labels
- Insprection and Audit on Welfare
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Workshop: How to manage bad news?
- Evaluation test for certification
- Wrap up & certificates
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)