Masterclass on Food Safety: Salmonella Control Strategies – March 2023
Scope of the Masterclass on Food Safety: Importance of Salmonella control, detection and prevention of Salmonella and Practical strategies available in the field.
Register for our live Masterclass in Bangkok, Thailand.
08 March 2023 – Bangkok, Thailand
Masterclass on Food Safety: What makes this training unique is that it gives you a complete overview of the academic state of the art, while also providing you with the practical experience you need to put what you’ve learned into action on your farm.
We’re also unique in that our team has a wealth of global experience to share, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible training available.
Who is it for: poultry professionals, veterinarians, growers, farmers, nutritionists, technical advisors.
Accreditation: This training will be accredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Masterclass (1/2 day): € 300 (excl. VAT).
Program: Masterclass on Food Safety
Day 1: Session
- Welcome & Introduction
- Salmonella: the pathogen, serotypes and the epidemiology of the infection
- Pathogenesis of Salmonella infections
- Salmonella Infantis and other emerging serotypes
- Prevention of Salmonella infections using vaccines
- Prevention of Salmonella infections using biosecurity, dietary tools and additives
- Diagnostics of Salmonella infections: methods
- Tracing Salmonella in the production chain
- Closing remarks and awarding of certificates
Hilde Van Meirhaeghe
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Hilde is a global Poultry Consultant at Vetworks since 2010. She’s previously worked with DGZ and currently working with several partners and projects.
DVM, MRCVS & Global poultry consultant
Since June 2019, Africa works as Global poultry consultant at Vetworks with focus on breeder parent’s management, pathogens control, and biosecurity and health plans.
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)