Scope of the seminar : The respiratory training focuses on pathology, practical aspects of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases.
Register for our live training in Bruges – Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training (worldwide):
22 – 24 November 2022 – Bruges, Belgium
22 – 24 November 2022 – Live streaming
Respiratory training: Vetworks is proud to offer a three-day in-depth course on respiratory diseases in poultry. This unique training covers both the academic state of the art and the practical experience you need to put what you’ve learned into action on your farm.
You will gain a complete overview of pathology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases, as well as hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating these conditions. This course is essential for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge about respiratory diseases in poultry and learn how to effectively prevent and treat them.
Who is it for: poultry professionals, veterinarians, growers, farmers, nutritionists, technical advisors.
Accreditation: This training will be acrredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Workshop Only (3 days): € 1.500 (excl. VAT).
We provide a fully adapted streaming service for this training. Follow our training online from your (home) office.
Online Training (3 days): € 975 (excl. VAT)
Hotel, per night: € 105 * in Bruges, Belgium.
Dinner, per night: € 55.
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
* Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
3-day Program: Respiratory
Day 1: Morning session
- Welcome and introduction on respiratory issues in poultry
- Review of the avian respiratory anatomy, immunity and physiology
- Management factors influencing respiratory health
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Overview of the diagnostic tools & sampling
- Mycoplasmosis (MG/MS) and CRD complex: diagnostics, monitoring, prevention, treatments
- IB (Pathology, Diagnostics, Monitoring, and Prevention)
- Practical digital visits – Lab tour: lab techniques; Common pitfalls when sampling
Day 2: Morning session
- Avian influenza and Newcastle disease
- TRT, ILT and Fowl pox: pathology, diagnostics, monitoring, and prevention
- ORT In poultry practice
- Fungal and parasitic disease
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Practical digital visits – farm visit: Signs to look for in a flock; How to manage ventilation;
- Practical digital visits – Necropsy and sampling techniques: How to measure your respiratory status; How and what to sample.
Day 3: Morning session
- Other bacterial respiratory pathogens (Infectious Coryza, Pasteurellosis, Chlamidia Psittaci, TBC & Gallibacterium Anatis
- Vaccination in broiler, layers and breeders ; Guidelines for vaccination and how to identify mistakes of vaccination teams
- How to make a monitorization program; Cost-effective monitorization
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Treatment of respiratory diseases
- Workshop: Analysis real case reports
- Certification quiz and closing session
Hilde Van Meirhaeghe
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Hilde is a global Poultry Consultant at Vetworks since 2010. She’s previously worked with DGZ and currently working with several partners and projects.
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)