Training on responsible use of antimicrobials in poultry
Scope of the seminar: Antibiotic Reduction. Many poultry producers reduce antimicrobial use in order to comply with antibiotic resistance reduction programs. During this training you will learn that by targeting the most economic operation lower antibiotic use will be a spillover. This turns the topic instead of a liability into a positive driver for your business.
Register for our live training in Bruges – Poeke (Belgium) or our online streaming training (worldwide).
2024 – Bruges, Belgium
2024 – Live Streaming
Training on responsible use of antimicrobials: What makes this training unique is that it gives you a complete overview of the academic state of the art, while also providing you with the practical experience you need to put what you’ve learned into action on your farm.
We’re also unique in that our team has a wealth of global experience to share, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible training available.
Who is it for: poultry professionals, veterinarians, growers, farmers, nutritionists, technical advisors.
Accreditation: This training will be accredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Workshop (3 days, live training): € 1.500 (excl. VAT).
- Register for the live training
We provide a fully adapted streaming service for this training. Follow our training online from your (home) office.
Online Training (3 days): € 975 (excl. VAT)
- Register for the online training
Hotel, per night: € 110 * in Bruges, Belgium.
Dinner, per night: € 60.
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
* Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Day 1: Morning session
- Introduction: drivers of antimicrobial usage in poultry farms
- Controlling antimicrobial resistance: from sample to the choice of treatment
- Gut health holistic approach
- Coccidiosis: importance in poultry production
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Coccidiosis prevention in conventional and AB free systems
- Enteric pathogens leading to higher AMU
- Gut health Management: growth promotors and alternative solutions
- Practical digital visit: video
Day 2: Morning session
- Complex interaction of Respiratory Diseases part 1
- Complex interaction of Respiratory Diseases part 2
- Reduce AB use for systemic infections
- Zoonotic diseases with multi-resistance: Salmonella, Campylobacter
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Control and prevention of Salmonella and Campylobacter
- The art of vaccination: keys to success
Day 3: Morning session
- Immunosuppressive diseases and solutions to improve Immune response
- Locomotory system : Link to Gut health and AB use
- Rethink farming practices: biosecurity
- Rethink farming practices : upscaling your management for top support
- How To Fight AMR And Reduce AMU : Practical Solutions
Day 3: Afternoon session
- How to develop a tailor-made AB-reduction program and case study
- Evaluation test for certification
Maarten De Gussem
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Maarten is founder & global poultry consultant at Vetworks since 2009 providing support on poultry health topics with focus on mycoplasmosis, general gut health and coccidiosis.
Hilde Van Meirhaeghe
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Hilde is a global Poultry Consultant at Vetworks since 2010. She’s previously worked with DGZ and currently working with several partners and projects.
DVM, MRCVS & Global poultry consultant
Since June 2019, Africa works as Global poultry consultant at Vetworks with focus on breeder parent’s management, pathogens control, and biosecurity and health plans.
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)