Training on From field sampling towards prevention and treatment programs in poultry
Scope of the training on from field sampling toward prevention and treatment programs in poultry:
This 3-day training aims to provide participants with an understanding of the role of sampling in efficient diagnosis of poultry diseases, and how to develop prevention and treatment programs. The training will cover topics such as bacteriology, parasitology, virology, and molecular biology, as well as practical sessions on diagnostics and antimicrobial resistance determination, serology/ ELISA, and treatment plans. Participants will also learn about scientific thinking and how to interpret technical data to achieve a return on investment. By the end of the training, participants will have gained knowledge and skills to effectively prevent and treat poultry diseases.
Register for our live training or our online streaming training (worldwide).
18-20 June 2024 – Bruges, Belgium
18-20 June 2024 – Live streaming
Training on from field sampling toward prevention and treatment programs in poultry: What makes this training unique is that it gives you a complete overview of the academic state of the art, while also providing you with the practical experience you need to put what you’ve learned into action on your farm.
We’re also unique in that our team has a wealth of global experience to share, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible training available.
Who is it for: poultry professionals, veterinarians, growers, farmers, nutritionists, technical advisors.
Accreditation: This training will be accredited by NGROD and WVEPAH.
Workshop Only (3 days): € 1.500 (excl. VAT).
- Register for the live training
We provide a fully adapted streaming service for this training. Follow our training online from your (home) office.
Online Training (3 days): € 975 (excl. VAT)
- Register for the online training
Hotel, per night: € 110 *.
Dinner, per night: € 60.
Attendees are welcome to book their accommodation through us with our group-rate up to 2 weeks before the event.
* Hotel rates are subject to change due to the high demand during high season.
Program: From field sampling toward prevention and treatment programs in poultry
Day 1: Morning session
- Getting it Right: The Role of Sampling in Efficient Diagnosis of Poultry Diseases
- Bacteriology: Introduction
- Practical session bacteriology: diagnostics and antimicrobial resistance determination
- Practical session bacteriology
Day 1: Afternoon session
- Lecture on Parasitology
- OPG/EPG + different species
- OPG/EPG + microscopy
- Wormcounting (+ Histomonas)
Day 2: Morning session
- Virology intro
- Entry to Virology lab
- IBV inoculation in SPF eggs
- Inoculation of FAdv/ reovirus
- Exit PH-ISO
- How to go from technical data to RO
- The importance of lighting for performance
Day 2: Afternoon session
- Molecular Biology intro
- Follow Mastermix MG/MS + use of qPCR
- Start manual extraction with the roche kit
- Loading gel sexing
- Analyzing gel
- Continuation Manual extraction
- Analyze MG/MS qPCR result
Day 3: Morning session
- Practical session bacteriology
Day 3: Afternoon session
- Lecture on How to interprete serology
- Serology/ ELISA
- Pre-diluting samples and inserting plate
- Lecture on discussion of results
- Washing plate and adding conjugate
- Lecture on Treatment plans
- Evaluation test for certification
- Wrap up & Certificates
Maarten De Gussem
DVM & Global poultry consultant
Maarten is founder & global poultry consultant at Vetworks since 2009 providing support on poultry health topics with focus on mycoplasmosis, general gut health and coccidiosis.
Miriam A. Tempra
Ph.D. & Global head nutritional consultancy services
As a Doctor of Philosophy in Animal Science – major in Animal Nutrition – Dr. Alberto-Tempra is based in the Philippines and works as an independent nutrition consultant.
Accreditation from the Flemish Veterinary Board (NGROD)